Any citizen needing applicant fingerprints will be done Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5pm. You must contact Erica Smith at 253-2982 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to coming to the jail. This is to ensure they have all the proper information in the event someone cannot make it here during normal business hours, they will need to make an appointment by contacting Erica Smith at 253-2982 or email@example.com so we can notify the Sergeant on Duty.
Applicants will need to bring Driver’s License or proof of ID if Driver’s License is not available. You will need to have the name and address of the agency/business they are being fingerprinted for and the reason for being fingerprinted (Insurance adjuster, foster care, long-term health care, day care provider, etc.)
Phone Call Procedures
Inmates can use the phones in the cell block(s) to make “collect” calls. Someone will need to set up an account for the inmate with Securus Technologies.
The inmate may also purchase Phone cards through the commissary for ten dollars. Calls are limited to fifteen minutes and three way calling is prohibited. Inmates are prohibited from using an inmate telephone to contact any Detention Center staff member.
All phones will be turned on at 8:00 a.m. and turned off at 9:00 p.m. All inmate telephones will be turned off during meals, shift change, and any other time deemed necessary by administration.
- Each inmate will be allowed to list up to five people on their “five person” visitation sheet. This must be completed before he/she can have visitation. This list can be updated on the first day of each month.
- The night before an inmate has a visit he/she must list the visit on the visitation schedule sheet that is made available in the blocks each night before 10:00.
- Onsite Visitation hours are as follows, with ONLY ONE VISIT PER WEEK allowed (Monday starts a new week).
Sunday – Saturday:
9am – 11am
1pm – 4pm
6pm – 9pm
- Internet video visitation is unlimited and available seven days a week through Eyconix.
- If an inmate attempts to obtain more than one visit per week the following week’s visitation will be lost.
- Inmates can lose their visitation privileges for inappropriate behavior and failure to follow rules of the Brunswick County Detention Center
- Visitors Must:
- Be on time and bring Photo ID.
- If more than one person is coming they should all arrive at the same time.
- No one under 18 can visit without a parent or guardian.
Go to the Inmate Search page and you can search for anyone incarcerated in the Brunswick County Detention Center, find out charges and bond information.
Inmates may possess the following items:
County-issued property: Authorized medication, one plastic property container (except weekenders), one mattress, one blanket, two sheets, one bath towel, one washcloth, one inmate uniform, one set of footwear.
Personal items: 3 pairs of white underwear/white bra (no underwire), 3 pairs of white socks, 15 envelopes and 15 sheets of writing paper, 1 paperback book, 1 paperback Bible, 1 puzzle book, inmate handbook and 1 deck of cards. Your family will be allowed to bring these listed items to you. You are allowed this 1 package only. After this you must purchase any items you need off canteen that is provided to you.
Send Inmate Mail to:
Brunswick County Detention Center
P.O. Box 9
Bolivia, NC 28422
Mail will be searched.
Family and friends of inmates housed at the Brunswick County Detention Center are able to deposit funds into inmate commissary accounts utilizing the McDaniels Supply Online service, through Western Union, or through a kiosk located in the lobby of the Detention Center. The kiosks will accept Cash, Credit Cards, and Debit cards. Deposits will immediately be available in the Inmate’s account, barring no delays during holidays or weekends.
There are 3 ways to bond an inmate:
- Hire a Bail Bondsman. Their fee is 15% of the bond amount.
- Post a bond in cash.
- Post a property bond. When posting a property bond, any amount greater than $4,999.00 requires hiring an attorney to prepare a Deed of Trust.
To inquire about the bond stipulations of an inmate incarcerated at the Brunswick County Detention Center, please call 910-253-2760 or conduct an Inmate Search here.
For complete information, please download and refer to the BCSO Inmate Handbook.