- Help make their communities, their cities, and their county safer from crime.
- Gain insights into the law enforcement system and how it works.
- Have an opportunity to improve the quality of their local law enforcement service.
What might volunteers be called to do?
- Participate in Neighborhood Watch
- Assisting with special events
- Participate in search-and-rescue activities
- Participating in role-plays and training scenarios
Note: If you are retired from Law Enforcement, you can be assigned to a separate unit in our Detective Division, which will allow you to assist on some unsolved cases and active cases. If you are interested in our Retired Law Enforcement volunteer task force, please indicate that on your application.
A short orientation and training session will be held to introduce volunteers to the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office practices.
For more on the Volunteer Program please call the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office.
Sgt. Bert Reaves (910) 253-2745
Deputy T.K. Nowell (910) 253-2708