Detention Center Administration
Lieutenant Ronald Gore
|The Detention Administrator is directly accountable to the Sheriff or his designee for implementation of all of the Sheriff’s orders and direction concerning the operation of the division.
- Oversee the day to day, efficient operation of the Brunswick County Detention Center in accordance with appropriate laws and regulations. This includes housing, feeding, clothing, medical care, recreation, and safety of the inmates.
- Supervise a staff of 50-60 employees.
- Responsible for the oversight of inmates.
- Assist with the preparation and administration of a budget for Detention operations.
- Prepare and recommend policies and procedures to assure that a high level of security is maintained in order to protect inmates, jail personnel and the public.
- Conduct physical inspections of the jail as needed, in order to maintain security of cell blocks, including assuring that locks, windows, doors, etc. are in proper working order.
- Communicate with the Detention Operations Captain, Chief Deputy, Sheriff, departmental personnel, inmates and the public to provide information and establish good relations with the public.
- Booking & Releasing
- Works all stations
- Run local warrants, DCI and nationwide checks
- Give Detention Center tours
- Assists fingerprinting
- Assists Captains in their duties
- Answers questions of the public